Wednesday, January 14, 2009

One from the Archives! of the week: The Enchantment of Sagada


Sagada from our Hotel


Like I said, it's a pity I only did this now. But I've had a bit of practice, so this will be a regular Wednesday thing. Why wednesday? I don't know. There's something about the middle of the week that feels like the eye of the storm for me. You're settled into the week, gone is the resentful feelings of Monday morning and it's too far away from Friday to start getting excited. So it's the perfect time for reflection. Or, maybe it's just because I thought of this now, on a Wednesday. No, it's definitely the first one.

Anyway...

On the summer of 2006, the familia along with the usual folks went up north to visit Banaue and Sagada. What followed was a week of adventure that we still talk about to this day. Sagada is a wonderful community. With plenty of food choices most of which are far from the usual stuff you get down here in quezon city. I recommend the yogurt, I was too young then to fully appreciate the little things around me (like remembering the names of the restos), so you're just gonna have to find the place where they sell the best yogurt. Goat cheese is also nice as well as the blueberry bread, jam and every-other-thing-you-can-stick-blueberry-in-product. They're all good. Here's the link to my original post 

Excuse the pictures since to this day we still don't have a fancy DSLR camera. But if you ask me, I'd still go with the OLYMPUS water/shock proof series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment